LATEX-FOAM WEAPON POLICY
As a rule, all latex-foam weapons are legal in IFGS with the following caveats:
- The Game Safety Office has the final say on ANY weapon. If the GSO denies a weapon, that weapon may not be used in the game.
- Thrusting is specifically defined to be a light touch on the target, at a 45 degree angle, touching the target on their torso off center-line from the head. Any other form of thrusting is specifically prohibited. Thrusting a latex-foam weapon with force is grounds for expulsion from the game.
- Latex-foam weapons include those built by Action Props, EagleFlex, Iron Fortress, Epic Armoury, Palnatoke, Forgotten Dreams, Medieval Armoury, and others.
- Calimacil products are NOT latex-foam weapons; they are injection-molded foam weapons with a much denser material that carry a far greater weight than latex-foam weapons.
- The Game Safety Officer is strongly encouraged to have a 2 minute combat with the wielder of any weapon they consider to be a potential danger to others; this includes all Calimcail weapons and all very large latex-foam weapons. This is to ensure that the wielder has sufficient control over their weapon so as to prevent causing harm to others throughout the game.
- Please remember there are no “safe” weapons, only safe players. All new players should perform a practice fight with the Game Safety Officer before allowing them into the game.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
IFGS Society Board Member