Society Board Minutes 7/18/18


7/18/18 – Final

Wherein the FRC is continuing work on the Fighter specialty and is expecting a draft on a new Alchemist Class. A new version of the Registry Handbook was approved, with a clarification in the case of multiple game writers. Updating the Sanctioned Pending Production (SPP) Game Library was discussed. Dallas Chapter is planning a multi-day world course game in October, and inviting other chapters’ members to participate.

The 7/18/18 Society Board Meeting was called to order at 8:05 p.m. Eastern Time, via Discord. Present were Board Members John Jones, Brad Evenson, Hugh Greene, Pat McGehearty, David Spence and Sarah Gibson. Society Clerk Janice Gott was present, along with Melanie Greene from the Northern Alabama Chapter, and Hope Fountain and Shelly Ralston from the Ohio River Valley Provisional Chapter. Bret Halford from the Denver/Boulder Chapter arrived late.




MINUTES: MOTION: To approve the minutes of the 6/12/18 Board Meeting (Knight, Spence, by acclaim).


FRC REPORT: Spence reported that the FRC is about halfway through finalizing a new set of Fighters abilities. Greene is working on a rough draft of an Alchemist Class.  They are working on a new set of Hits & Misses.


SSC REPORT: No new activity.


REGISTRY: Knight submitted a new version of the Registry Handbook with clarifications on Game Writer credit and on EP earned in Anchor Games.

MOTION: To approve the Registry Handbook 2017 v3.27 (Gibson, Evenson, by acclaim).


TECH COMMITTEE: No activity. Greene asked how to submit games for the Game Library. The procedure is to submit them to the SSC to review, and the SSC will acknowledge them as Sanctioned Pending Production (SPP) and post them. This process has slowed down as updating needs to happen to many of them. Northern Alabama Chapter has recently updated many of them, so some of the work has been done. They will send some games directly to ORV Chapter, and submit them to the SSC.


GENERAL PROMOTIONS: Nothing to report.

CONSTITUTIONAL REVIEW TASK FORCE: They have a few things to clean up and intend to have some amendments to the Constitution to submit for the fall election ballot.


Bret Halford arrived.


CHAPTER LIAISON UPDATES:  Knight reports that ORV has been in contact with him as Registry Chair. Central Ohio Provisional Chapter has canceled their July game due to poor response. Dallas is planning a multi-day world course on October 12-14, “Feastival of the Forefathers”, and other chapters’ members are invited to participate.


NEXT MEETING: The next Board Meeting will be on Wednesday August 15th. Times for the meeting are 5 pm Pacific, 6 pm MST, 7 pm CST, and 8 pm EST. The meeting will be held on Discord.


MOTION: To go into Executive Session (Spence, Knight, by acclaim).

The Board was in Executive Session from 8:40 p.m. to 8:54 p.m.


ADJOURNMENT: The meeting was adjourned at 8:55 pm EST.






Dallas – Evenson

Denver/Boulder – Spence

Norman – Spence

Pacific Northwest – Jones

Northern Alabama – Gibson



Greater Milwaukee – Greene

Central Ohio – Spence

Ohio River Valley – Knight





Completed Tasks

Society-level electronic voting – Completed

Society Waiver Forms – Completed

Stoplight Policy – Completed

Milestone & Karma Awards – Completed

Business Cards – Available on Vistaprint

Updating Society Website to WordPress – Completed


In Process Tasks

Updating Governing Documents – In process with Society Task Force

Updated Committee Charters – In process with Society Task Force


On Hold

Character Creation System

Expand and Revise Wiki (Possibly incorporating online rules.)

Sci-Fi Rules


Not Started

Updating GW Handbook–

Streamlining the payment processes between Society and Chapters –

Treasury Tracking –

Shared Calendar on Website –

Creation of a Treasury Handbook –

Membership Tracking –

Link Exchanges –

Research for 8.0 Rules Set –



Society Board Members

John Jones (TX) (2019) [Pres]

Sarah Gibson (TX) (2020) [VP]

Pat McGehearty (TX) (2020)

Brad Evenson (CO) (2020)

Olan Knight (TX) (2019)

Hugh Greene (AL) (2019)

David Spence (TX) (2019)



Fantasy Rules Committee (FRC)

David Spence (TX) (2019) [Chair]

Henry Wood (TX) (2020) [Vice Chair]

Brad Evenson (CO) (2019)

Hugh Greene (TX) (2019)

Seth Bush (TX) (2020)

David Gibson (TX) (2020)

Michael Englerth (CO) (2020)

Joshua Harris (TX) (2019) ad hoc temporary


Society Sanctioning Committee (SSC)

John Jones (TX) (2020) [Chair]

Seth Bush (TX) (2019)

Olan Knight (TX) (2020)

Kaaren Davis (CO) (2019)

Melanie Greene (AL) (2019)


General Promotions Committee (SGP)

Sarah Gibson [Chair]

Jason Dziuk (2015)

open (2014)

open (2014)


Publications Committee

Members all informal appointments –


Elections Committee

Chris Seals (TX)

Jason Dsiuk (TX)

Janice Gott (OH)


Registry Chair

Olan Knight (TX)


Tech Committee

Brett Paul (CO) Interim Chair

Robert Armstrong (TX) [potential Chair]

John Jones (TX)

Bethany Vann (OK)

Sarah Gibson (TX)



Safety Committee

Brad Evenson (CO) [Society Safety Officer]

David Ellis (CO)


Constitutional Review Task Force

Hugh Greene (AL) [Chair]

Brad Evenson (CO)

Ray Michel (CO)

Christopher Seals (TX)